123 Main Street Conshohocken, PA 19428
McGrath Systems is accepting applications for a Chemist to work in the Conshohocken, PA area.
- Perform analysis of in-process product samples using wet chemistry techniques and analytical instrumentation.
- Candidate will be expected to work their shift during production campaigns that may typically extend for ten to twelve consecutive days (followed by a long weekend), but may be longer. During periods of non-production weeks work will be on the first shift.
- Candidate may be required to work other shifts to cover for vacations and help with other situations.
- Candidate is expected to work in a safe manner following all safety and environmental procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment performing multiple tests, cleaning glassware simultaneously, and produce accurate in-process sample results.
- Actively participate in the preparation of chemical reagents and solutions.
- Assist the Laboratory Supervisor in coordinating the activities and operations of the laboratory as needed.
- Assist the Laboratory Supervisor in troubleshooting, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform a variety of special projects as assigned.
Candidate should have equivalent to a Bachelor’ s degree or an associate' s degree with major coursework in chemistry or a related field. Training will be provided.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or an allied science from an accredited college or university;
- 0-3 years of laboratory experience in GC/MS, GC, ICP, HPLC;
- Able to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language;
- No prior experience is required.
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace.