Senior Associate Actuary
71 S Wacker Dr. Chicago, Illinois 60606
McGrath Systems currently has an opening for an Senior Associate Actuary in Chicago for a direct hire opportunity.
- Pricing Model Owner responsible for the development, analysis and coding of new modeling techniques and methods
- Assist with the pricing and modeling of both existing and innovative annuity products and riders
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues in Risk Management, Valuation, Planning, Finance, Sales and Marketing, IT and Legal
- Coordinate model development with updates to the Prophet system and with other areas' projection models as appropriate
- Evaluate pricing features and analyze profitability under multiple reporting frameworks, including Stat and GAAP accounting
- Primarily communicate model and pricing analysis to more senior actuaries
- Provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions
Minimum Qualifications (job level is flexible, depending on applicable experience):
- Recent or near FSA
- Applicants should have a minimum of 4 years of related experience with deferred annuity products
- Experience with Prophet or similar actuarial software is preferred
- Requires strong analytical and computer skills, including strong Microsoft Excel background
- Superior communication and problem solving skills are essential
- Sponsorship assistance is not available for this position.
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace.