Embedded Design Engineer
Willow Grove, PA
McGrath Systems has an immediate need for an Embedded Design Engineer in the Willow Grove, PA area. Apply now to be considered for this position.
The primary focus of this job is to develop software and firmware for embedded systems and desktop applications.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop current and future technology for the products.
- Develop specifications and test requirements for new products.
- Interface with electronic engineer to develop products that incorporate analog and digital circuits, software and circuit boards.
- Design and develop test software.
- Perform system troubleshooting
- Assist customers with applications for current products and requirements for new products
- Works with plant personnel, customers and suppliers on product improvement and on problem resolution
- Develop documentation, including flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, and clear code.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of C programming languages
- Experience with embedded systems development
- Familiarity with various communication protocols
- PLC Programming, LabWindows, and automation experience a plus
- Five or more years of design experience.
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace