600 Industrial Loop Road Tooele, Utah 84074
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Department Leader is responsible for the daily production of units, by providing leadership and direction as well as training to associates. The Department Leader will be an extension to the leader ship of the plant management, therefor he/she will need to show good communication skills, positive attitude, and sense of urgency, accountability, good attendance and fairness to all associates in work load, and interactions to ensure that associates comply with policies and procedures ask of them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe, non-hostile, harassment-free work environment.
- Safety equipment must be worn or used at all times.
- All equipment is to be checked daily and maintained in safe working condition.
- Work areas must be kept clean, organized, and safe at all times.
- All tools are to be checked in and out of tool cabinets daily.
- Each production card is to be checked and unit built to production card.
- All materials to be utilized for minimal scrap.
- All recycled material to be placed in proper container for removal.
- Quality workmanship will be expected, rework costs time and money.
- Assist in development and maintain current production jigs, templates, and cut lists.
- Assist in material stocking for area.
- The department leader may also be given other assignments by the plant manager or production manager.
- Make sure all work for today is done today. Clean line.
- Help monitor early breaks, lunch and late returns.
- Follow up on everything, don’ t assume.
Qualifications (Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required)
- A minimum of 2 years of direct responsibility of a production station in a modular building manufacturer setting
- Prior experience with production workflow and process management
- Prior experience with inventory management and material handling
- Prior experience coordinating production across a team structure
- Skilled in communicating accurately in verbal and written formats
- Detail oriented and adheres to company processes and procedures
- Forklift, overhead crane, first aid, scissor lift, fall protection certifications - preferred
McGrath Systems is an equal opportunity employer.