123 Main Street Berwyn, PA 19312
McGrath Systems is accepting applications for a Chief Scientist for a Direct Hire opportunity in the Berwyn, PA area.
- Be externally focused on new and adjacent technologies that could be leveraged to enhance the Neuronetic’ s product platform and provide value add features for our customer and the end users.
- Develop good relationships with key opinion leaders, researchers and leading TMS providers to understand industry trends in TMS treatment; identify new methods and technology to address the unmet customer needs.
- Coordinate and/or lead internal and external research and technical feasibility studies to develop and test new ideas and concepts.
- Drive new idea generation and Intellectual Property (IP) submissions.
- Work with the Commercial Access team to drive poster and peer reviewed paper submissions.
- Provide direction and leadership for 2 direct reports (PhD Biophysics and PhD Neuroscience).
- Other Duties as needed or required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Intellectually curious, with a demonstrated ability to create and/or identifying new and meaningful breakthrough technologies in the healthcare research and/or medical device fields.
- Strong track record for taking concepts from idea to proof of concept and feasibility for inclusion into product roadmaps and programs.
- Well versed in developing partnerships with research labs and national agencies to co-develop ideas and technologies with the intent to productize successful inventions.
- Fundamental understanding of Intellectual Property (IP) law.
- Excellent communications skills, ability to work with both academic and business leadership.
- Experience TMS therapy a plus.
- Strong strategic thinker, coach and facilitator of business change, particularly in medical device/products NPD.
- Must have solid track record in road-mapping R&D planning, strategic planning, solid IP management.
- Must have led multiple business and NPD planning activities, working with the business leadership to drive decision and achieve the plan. Must be an effective leader.
Education and Experience:
- MS in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering or related scientific discipline, PhD preferred.
- 8+ years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
- Solid experience in leading research teams and working closely with business leaders to develop the research program plans, deliverables and timelines.
- Preferred experience in leading these processes in larger companies with well established NPD programs and who lead their industry with best in class practices.
For immediate consideration please eamil your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nolan Evans at 215-878-8746
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace.