123 Main Street Lansdale, PA 19446
McGrath Systems is currently seeking a CNC Programmer to work in the Lansdale, PA area for a DIRECT HIRE opportunity.
This role is responsible for creation of CNC programs for 3-5 axis milling centers and CNC lathes to manufacture parts to
the required specifications utilizing Mastercam software. Other responsibilities include the design of any required fixtures
and special cutting tools needed for the manufacturing process and technical support for manufacturing floor and DFM
- Programs, CNC machines within the Manufacturing unit. Assists in adjusting machine controls and tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances. Examines machine to become familiar with tooling set up.
- Works with machinists to troubleshoot machine and program issues as they arise.
- Participates in NPT projects to meet customer expectations by creating innovative solutions.
- Works with suppliers to improve their quality and reduce costs on machined parts and tools
- Works with external software programmers to streamline post processing to reduce post programming modifications at the machine or at the computer
- Specs out new equipment needed including: Size, capability, tooling, fixtures, aux equipment, etc.and on boards the new equipment through purchasing of needed tooling and software. Streamlines the machining processes of the new equipment
- Maintains work area in a safe, clean and orderly
- Orders all tooling needed to complete a job and maintains the supply cabinet of all standard tooling.
- Leads and participates on continuous improvement projects to maximize performance in key areas such as throughput, defect rate and on-time workload completion. Participates in Lean / Six Sigma activities and other process improvement activities as required.
- Deliver commitments on time per project team expectations, communicate status frequently with team members / functional manager
- Work effectively within the value stream, proficient at Mastercam, skilled in manual and CNC machining processes / equipment / tool selection, proficient in G-code, well-versed in GD&T / engineering print interpretation, ability to provide work direction to CNC operators, ability to design custom tools
- Proficient at Mastercam and proficient in G-code
- Must have an in-depth knowledge and experience of CNC machining capabilities
- Must have the ability to interpret complex drawings including GD&T
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Takes on Supervisory duties in the absence of the Production Supervisor
- Must have knowledge and experience of all control systems
- 6 years CNC programming experience
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or cal 215-278-8746.
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace.