123 Main Street San Diego, CA 92103
Mitchell Actuarial Recruiting, a division of McGrath Systems, currently has an opening for a direct hire Assistant Actuary in San Diego.
- Lead pricing projects for new fixed and variable annuity products, including deriving assumptions, constructing pricing models, performing in-depth risk and pricing analysis, producing product approval presentation, and support product filing and implementation.
- Build and enhance the pricing framework for all product development such as establishing new financial framework on pricing (such as GAAP/Economics), assessing pricing/profitability metrics, streamlining pricing process, implementing pricing updates, and improving modeling capabilities.
- Determine and review the premium amount for pension risk transfer group annuity deals. Partner with Sales for pension risk transfer transactions in a fast-paced, customer and deal-focused environment.
- Closely work with Sales, Product Implementation, Risk Management, Valuation, Finance, Compliance, Technology, Operations and Marketing throughout the new product pricing.
- Manage and develop 1 direct report.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, other related field; Or equivalent work experience
- FSA or near-FSA
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Excel; Programming experience desired but not required
- Experience with MoSes or similar actuarial software is a plus
- Understanding of insurance industry and in-depth knowledge of financial impacts is preferred
- Attention to detail; well organized with proven experience in handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines
For immediate consideration please call Ken Mitchell at 215-390-1015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace .