123 Main Street Fairless Hills, PA 19030
McGrath Systems is accepting applications for a Process Engineer for a DIRECT HIRE opportunity in the Fairless Hills, PA area.
- Take ownership of new projects from start to finish. This includes communicating with
internal stakeholders, customers and vendors to develop quotation. Must be able to
identify the feasibility of the project and research equipment necessary.
- Design tooling and develop processes for mono and co-extrusion plastic profiles, tubes
and secondary fabrication individually or with other process engineers.
- Lead new tooling development process for the project assigned using hands-on
approach to meet customer expectation with quality and on time delivery of samples.
Involves working on the production floor with production, maintenance and QC
personnel to develop the process to get first article samples approved
- Coordinate the tooling needs for new products with Die Development, technicians,
Production Manager and other involved in producing first article samples
- Oversee the tool making activities in the machine shop, ensuring that the tools
produced by the machine shop are capable of meeting the design criteria and are up to
the company’ s high standard for design and workmanship
- Oversee machine shop staff and schedule the work activities of the machine shop.
Work closely with other engineers and VP of Engineering to establish priorities for the
shop to ensure that the tooling delivered to the line is complete
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD and CAD/CAM software. Must have technical
knowledge to trouble shoot WEDM, CNC milling machines and other machine shop
equipment. Serves in the role of systems analyst for the machine shop, coordinating the
company’ s contact in this particular area with outside vendors.
- Work with Purchasing Manager to coordinate the procurement needs for the machine
shop, including steel, other metals, and shop supplies
- Support other department and other sites in their tooling needs. Actively seek ways to
improvise process efficiencies by way of redevelopment in the shortest possible lead
time and most effective design
- Work closely with vendors to get tooling made on time
- Troubleshoot process difficulties on daily basis and support production. Work with
Production Manager to coordinate a timely response to the need for rebuilding tooling or
handling other special tooling needs that cannot be planned for in advance
- Work on continuous improvement projects for efficiencies & reduce scrap. Think outside
- Follow and support plant and corporate safety policies and initiatives.
- Assist, mentor and/or train other team members to enhance knowledge, skills and best
- Plans, develops and coordinates tool development trials
- Maintain engineering database and documentation as required.
- BS in engineering
- 3-5 years of plastic manufacturer experience, including Plastic Extrusion die design
and process development are HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a beginning supervisory position preferred
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specification
- Proficient with AutoCAD and CAD/CAM. Prior exp. programming WEDM and CNC mill
- Excellent technical knowledge of plastic extrusion process, terminology and extrusion
- Solid understanding of plastic materials, ability to research materials while
understanding customer requirements and application
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and acute attention to detail
- Task oriented, strong analytical skill, well organized
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively
communicate with all levels of the Organization
- Being HANDS ON, walking the floor and embracing the team philosophy are critical
in being successful in this position
For immediate consideration, email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace