McGrath Systems is currently accepting applications for a manual machinist to work in the Hatfield, PA area.
- Works independently from complex blueprints and written or verbal ideas in order to fabricate, alter or repair complex and costly parts where required tolerances are often unusually close and complex, and are extremely difficult to acquire and maintain
- Checks and adjusts machinery and tooling as necessary in order to maintain critical dimensions
- Reads and interprets complex blueprints and/or works from written and verbal instructions to manufacture parts to tolerances which are difficult to acquire and maintain using a wide variety of materials
- Plans sequence of machining operations incorporating a detailed knowledge of each machine and its capabilities in order to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner in which to manufacture parts
- Performs highly diversified machining operations requiring progressive steps to drill, turn and cut metal to specifications
- Utilizes trigonometric formulas in order to calculate complex and/or compound angles and dimensions
- Fabricates own tolling and fixtures as needed
- May file and/or deburr individual or small lot production pieces as necessary to meet required specifications
- Checks own work by setting up and operating precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, gauge blocks and height stand, etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- 4 years’ experience as a machinist
- 4 years’ experience working on Bridgeport milling machines
- 4 years Lathe experience
For immediate consideration please call Shaun Brandel at 215-278-8725 or email email@example.com
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace.