High Power RF Test Technican
McGrath Systems is currently accepting applications for a High Power RF Test Technician to work in the Montgomeryville, PA area.
- Emphasis on high power RF testing using high power solid state and TWT amplifiers
- Complies with standard test procedures and specifications to perform tests on highly complex RF developmental programs and production components, subassemblies and systems
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and adjusts equipment so performance complies with test requirements and the quality of the product is assured
- Determines when rework is necessary to ensure product compliance with specifications
- Recommends changes in test procedures and specifications that will contribute to the improvement of testing efficiency and capabilities
- Works from a variety of documents including test specifications, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc. where complete information is frequently lacking or from general oral engineering instructions requiring technical judgment, initiative, and experience
- Instructs and gives technical direction to lesser-classified technicians
- Will work directly with Engineers on development programs and advanced measurement programs.
- Associate' s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (AEET) and a minimum of five (5) years' experience relevant RF or antenna test experience
- Experience working in an engineering laboratory on production and development programs
- Experience gathering, processing, and analyzing RF signals in the microwave and millimeter wave domains using various test instruments (PNA, Spectrum Analyzers, ENAs, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hi-Pot Testing
- Knowledge of high power RF testing
- Familiarity with high power RF amplifiers including solid state and TWTA' s
- Ability to work safely around equipment with voltages up to 50KV and currents above 1000 amps
- Knowledge of 3 phase power systems
- Ability to solder including repair and replacement of fine pitch parts
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools effectively and safely
- Familiarity with NEMA electrical code
For immediate consideration please call Justin Ealias at 215-278-8726 or email email@example.com
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace.