Electronics Engineering Technician
McGrath Systems is currently accepting applications for an Electronics Engineering Technician to work in the Hatfield, PA area.
- Assembles, disassembles, modifies, reworks and repairs various engineering prototype, preproduction and production subassemblies, assemblies and complete electrical and mechanical systems by interpreting schematic diagrams, assembly drawings, process sheets, verbal instructions or other specifications. Inspects results to ensure conformance with requirements using precision measuring equipment and performs rework as needed
- Collaborates with engineers by providing guidance and suggestions in most efficient and effective assembly methods through learned best practices
- Comfortable following instructions and working side by side team members in the development, design and fabrication of simple to complex test fixtures, switch boxes, test harnesses and automated test stations
- Proficient with using small hand tools and complex tooling (i.e., soldering irons, hot plates, drills, band saw, manual punches/presses)
- Performs complex rework. This includes repairing printed wiring board circuits, cuts and jumpers, drilling, epoxy repair of circuit cards, installing/removing SMT components, performing work using a microscope, etc
- Fabricates complex assemblies utilizing build-to-print skills to meet engineering and prototype requirements
- Troubleshoots, debugs, tests and performs measurements on a variety of electronics equipment requiring the effective use of equipment such as oscilloscopes, generators, amplifiers, network analyzers, and multimeters.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalency or equivalent and min. of 4 to 6 years of directly related experience
- Must achieve specified solder certifications in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company standards
- Interpret and use wire lists, schematic diagrams, assembly drawings and work from verbal instructions.
- Ability to make complex assemblies utilizing build-to-print skills.
- Use measurement tools and devices such as using micrometers and calipers
- Cross-train and instruct other assembly positions
For immediate consideration please call Shaun Brandel at 218-278-8725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
McGrath Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace.